[nycbug-talk] Colocation providers in the NYC area

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Fri Oct 17 00:10:09 EDT 2008

One thing that might make a difference (besides your budget) is how much
space you need.

If you just need a few servers, that is one tough nut to crack on a modest
budget.  If you need a full rack, the market is much larger (and more
affordable on a per rack-unit basis).

I asked the same thing some time ago, and like you I ended up with most of
my options being in Texas.  Even that was not the best deal for just two
servers, so I ended up hitting up another business/friend that has a rack
at NAC.net that was not totally full.  That worked out well, since it's
going to be a barter situation. :)  I also like the idea of not being
smack dab in the middle of the city should there be any future calamaties
there.

Charles