[nycbug-talk] LinkedIn: Worth it or not?

Miles Nordin carton at Ivy.NET
Wed Oct 22 16:16:59 EDT 2008

    mj> you don't use LinkedIn?

correct.

but there is a jab behind your question, a jab I may be imagining,
which is revealing.  If I do use LinkedIn, I'm not allowed to complain
about it, right?

The question was ``do you find it helpful to your career,'' so if the
answer is yes, then not doing it will hurt your career.  One thing
that makes not using it hurt your career even more than it would by
merely failing-to-help is, if everyone else does it, then it becomes
expected.

If this happens, and I relent, comply, join, then NOW I've not only
been ramrodded into using the fucking thing over my supposed ``opt
out'' objection, but I'm not allowed to complain about it because now
I'm a ``hypocrite.''

No, fuck that whole idealogy.  Fuck off and go straight to hell with
it.  (though I may be imagining it---pre-emptively, if you or anyone
meant that, well fuck off.  I will not ``pull your finger.''  And I
will not appologize for saying the opposite of everyone else and
saying it emphatically---it's what I motherfucking believe.)