[nycbug-talk] OT: Laptop is dead - what am I going to do?

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Sat Oct 25 14:37:01 EDT 2008

You never really realize how much your computer is to your integrated
BSD-geek sys-admin type lifestyle until you wake up and find it's dead.

I'm not much of a hardware wizard, but my IBM T42 seems to be kicking the
bucket.  It powers on, but nothing comes on the screen except once out of
every 5 or 6 power ons, which it will boot into Gnome and then the screen
will start shaking like there's interference and it will lock up.

Trying to figure out what may be wrong, but also trying to see if can
acquire a new laptop as soon as possible if that indeed is the case.  I
will be in the city this evening and tomorrow, so if anyone has a laptop
for sale, please reply to me off list.  I'm interested in IBM/Lenovo only
for the most part.

Sorry to spam this list, but I didn't really have any other idea of how I
could contact so many people (I would trust) so quickly.

-Matt