[nycbug-talk] Recruiting debconf10 volunteers

Isaac Levy ike at lesmuug.org
Mon Sep 8 02:49:52 EDT 2008

Hi Brian,

Sorry to top-post, but your message is not NYC*BUG related, nor is it
a technical BSD/UNIX post.

With that, please let me refer you to our mailing list rules:

• Advertising
Advertising of non-NYCBUG related products or services is strictly
prohibited and will result in an immediate ban if it is clear that the
offender is advertising by spam.

We keep topics to either and BSD/UNIX related technical issues, or
going off-topic, we tend to extend misc. things discussed at meetings
by attendees.

--
Since you aren't quite a spammer, we of course won't ban you from the
list- but this is not the right list for this kind of solicitation.

(Perhaps, I think most folks wouldn't have minded a 1 sentence post
about this, but a full page about Debian meetings on a *BSD list?  I
hope you understand I'm being polite when I say that this could evoke
some acute reactions regarding support for the Debian Linux distro. :)

I appreciate your enthusiasm, best to you folks and your Debian
conference!

Best,
.ike