[nycbug-talk] relevant fork: NYCBSDCon volunteers. . .

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Mon Sep 8 22:20:54 EDT 2008

There's a number of areas in which we need volunteers for the
conference.  Some of this was discussed at the last NYCBUG meeting.

1.  If you are on a campus, around some computer store or some coffee
shop, download, print and post the flier.  Get the word out.

2.  The Friday Oct 10 social at Havanna Central we'll need some people
to show up around 6 pm and make sure there's some critical mass for
those arriving.  We'll have enough people later on, but lots of the
out-of-town visitors may feel a bit confused in a Columbia-area bar
early on a Friday night.

3.  Early Saturday 7:30 am, we will need a bunch of people to post the
flier (to be updated with a campus map by Ike :) around. . . by the 1
stop at 116th street. . . and all along the path to Davis Auditorium.
And the security guards at 116th Street should be reminded about the
conference, since they will inevitably be dealing with wandering
con-attendees.

4.  As some people may remember, no food or drinks are allowed inside
Davis Auditorium. . . help keep the place clean after the Saturday then
the Sunday end sessions.  Having Columbia U for the con is an awesome
privilege for us. . considering any hotel we looked at last year for
"no-con" was many many times more expensive. . .

Please also pray, meditate, threaten TV weather commentators, whatever
you can do to ensure that we don't have torrential winds and rain, Hamid
Karzai (Afghan president) visiting, massive 7th avenue subway line
repairs or other utter flukes happen years past.