[nycbug-talk] 19 Days Until NYCBSDCon 2008

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Mon Sep 22 22:11:38 EDT 2008

for those who may be on talk, but not announce at . . . (not sure *why* you
would be. . . )

Also, please note, we will *not* have an October meeting. . . but we'll
be back November for Guy Fawkes day :)

*	*	*	*

NYCBSDCon begins in a few weeks, so make sure you register as soon as
possible.

http://www.nycbsdcon.org/2008/register.html

NYCBSDCon brings together the best and brightest of the BSD communities
from the New York area and beyond.

The conference costs $95, including breakfast and lunch on both days, in
addition to a number of other extras.  Full-time students and Columbia
University affiliates pay only $50 with valid identification.

This year's schedule is impressive: from file systems and the portable C
compiler to system and network management, we are thrilled to be able to
provide such strong content.  A full array of BSD developers and systems
administrators are speaking, including Pawel Dawidek, Michael Lucas,
Jason Wright and DragonFlyBSD's Matt Dillon.  And Jason Dixon looks to
top his 2006 presentation on "Is BSD Dying?" with a look at "BSD versus
the GPL."

While the conference officially begins on Saturday morning, October
11th, attendees will be gathering on Friday night at Havanna Central,
just across from Columbia University.

More information, including the schedule and transportation options, can
be found at http://www.nycbsdcon.org.