[nycbug-talk] Larry Ellison on "Cloud Computing"

Siobhan Lynch slynch2112 at me.com
Mon Sep 29 13:48:34 EDT 2008

Seems like being cynical is a prerequisite for working with unix in
general - eh?

While I somewhat agree - amazon is still in pioneering territory -
lots of companies built data rooms in their companies then came Exodus
and other colocation providers - lots of people built their own
"grids" or virtual machine computing with hypervisors and such in
their datacenters - now Amazon is in the same space metaphorically as
the colo providers - all they need is a decent SLA and a way to
recover fast.

*shrug*

-Trish

Sent from my iPhone