[nycbug-talk] The Security Implications of URL Shortening Services

Kit Halsted lists at kithalsted.com
Sat Apr 4 04:13:32 EDT 2009

I hate them for the same reasons cited in the article. I tolerated
them for a while, when I used Eudora for mail & many, many URLs were
made stupidly long by some horrible IBM/Lotus dynamic server-side
malware, but now URLs are mostly of a more reasonable length & most
mail apps can parse even the absurdly long ones.

IMO, they are convenient evils to be tolerated at best.

Cheers,
-Kit
<relurk>