[nycbug-talk] New Setup Questions

David Lawson dave at donnerjack.com
Fri Apr 17 23:23:55 EDT 2009

Actually, if puppet has good BSD support, the package management,
particularly across multiple hardware architectures and the like,
seems like a really good fit for it.  From what I recall of the (quite
old at this point) presentation I saw about it, that was a big
advantage.  I'm not sure how CFEngine works with package management,
I'm sure it has a facility for it, but I know a couple admins, several
of whom are BSD users, who are using it and quite happy with it.
Fifty boxes is kind of small for that level of administrative
overhead, but what you pay in effort up front, you get back in the
long term.

--Dave