[nycbug-talk] Best BSD development method?

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Mon Aug 3 19:18:40 EDT 2009

> But the question ultimately is "what do you want?".  For development
> purposes?  Hosting?

Well, I've used jails in the past in the same way I would chroot a
specific process - apache, etc.  But I guess my question was more how they
work if an entire system is operating as a jail versus a single process.
But I've read up on the differences.

This is for a development environment for a new project, which will
eventually move to dedicated hardware once the project grows.

There used to be a FreeBSD jail hosting provider (<something>host.com),
but I can't remember what it was called.  This was 5-7 years back, if not
more.

I'm also considering these guys (http://www.rootbsd.net/).  Anyone
recommend anyone else?

-M