[nycbug-talk] OT: RootBSD.net

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Tue Dec 29 10:46:09 EST 2009

On Dec 22, 2009, at 11:13 PM, Matt Juszczak wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone here use rootbsd.net or have a server with them?  One project
> I worked on used them, but I haven't had enough time to totally test them
> out.
>
> I have a small server at a data center that just does basic email and web,
> and I'm considering moving that to them, but it houses some websites like
> bsdjobs.net, etc., so I'd probably want not only a reliable service, but
> also a secure service with a good privacy policy.
>
> Can anyone recommend rootbsd?

Hi Matt,
Yes I can recommend them for sure.  I host my personal domain with them and have been quite happy.  There was a snafu where I missed a billing cycle and they were very helpful getting my VM back up and running once the payment went through - and this was on a Sat.  The VM being powered off was my fault, and I can not blame them for wanting to be paid either :)

But for the several months I've been using them I have had zero issues, and their web add-on's are quite nice as well.  You can monitor network usage etc.

-pete