[nycbug-talk] Multi-factor Auth Systems, RSA SecurID gizmos...

Isaac Levy ike at lesmuug.org
Sun Feb 15 17:02:25 EST 2009

Hi All,

I've been tasked with finding/implementing a solid multi-factor auth
system, mostly to simplify auth to a VPN.  (Yes, I said to simplify :)

I've found the RSA SecurID products, and their cards/keyfobs look like
they'd do the job nicely, pretty good 2-factor auth.

However, I'm a bit bedazzled/confused by all the server offerings, and
thought I'd reach out to list to see if anyone can recommend
anything?  I'd rather not get too close to the vendors yet (CITRIX and
others), I don't need these vendors shoving white-papers in my inbox
every morning...

--
Here's what I want:

Some kind of Hardware/Software SecurID auth server which speaks RADIUS.

If the auth server is software, it's gotta' run on an open UNIX [*BSD,
of course, most preferable].  (Hell, does RSA provide this software
for their SecurID stuff?)

If there's some kind of network appliance Hardware I can drop in, it
needs to speak RADIUS to do the auth.

With that, I'm working with under 100 users- so I'm not looking for
insanely huge auth solutions.

--
Also, I'm not married to the RSA SecurID cards, they just look clean
and simple, to acquire and deploy.  I, (and my smart employer), would

Any terse words or quickie url responses would be most appreciated!

Rocket-
.ike