[nycbug-talk] Apache and FreeBSD

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Sat Jul 11 15:08:37 EDT 2009

> Did you try looking outside of the Apache - PHP, accelerators, MySQL?
> Could it be that Apache is waiting for PHP to finish?
>
> httpd procs seem pretty large..
>
> Does the server have enough memory to fit all apaches in?
>
> Is Apache using content on NFS?
>
> Try using server-status to see what is going on.  And lsof.

Just an interesting tid bit:

136 processes: 1 running, 123 sleeping, 12 zombie

Recent snap shot of "top".  Seems really odd that there would be a spike
to 120 processes, and then seeing them all sleeping.  Something is really
going on.  Yet memory is only 20% used.  CPU isn't totally pegged.  I/O is
low as well.

0.o