[nycbug-talk] Apache and FreeBSD

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Mon Jul 13 19:22:27 EDT 2009

> Is yours any different and just to double check, your /var/log is definitely
> local, right?  I couldn't tell from your lsof, didn't see the underlying
> device.

Yes.  It is.

It's weird also, I'm getting this:

  12943 httpd    CALL  fcntl(0xf,F_SETLK,0xffffffffffffcab0)
  12943 httpd    RET   fcntl -1 errno 35 Resource temporarily unavailable

in lsof, I'm getting this:

httpd     12943       www   14u    VREG               0,94
0        17 /tmp (/dev/amrd0s1e)
httpd     12943       www   15uW   VREG               0,94
0        18 /tmp (/dev/amrd0s1e)
httpd     12943       www   16u    VREG               0,94
0        19 /tmp (/dev/amrd0s1e)

If you notice, the 15 (which maps to 0xf right, 0 - 15?) has a full out
lock on /tmp?  Or it's trying to?  Why?  Specific files?

Also, the only two /var/log are:

httpd     12943       www   19w    VREG               0,93
0     23591 /var/log/accept.lock.12878
httpd     12943       www   20w    VREG               0,93
0     23591 /var/log/accept.lock.12878

and don't appear in the resource unavailable.