[nycbug-talk] VPS solutions?

Andy Kosela akosela at andykosela.com
Wed Jul 29 08:57:34 EDT 2009

Matt Juszczak <matt at atopia.net> wrote:

> > This is exactly what VMware and Citrix Xen are addressing.  They allow
> > to remotely manage all virtual resources from the central console.
>
> So what was the "single windows management box" that was mentioned earlier
> in the thread for?

VMware recommends Windows appliance to run vCenter.  Personally I have
nothing against it as it's all GUI console anyway.  My point was that
nearly all vendors use some form of Windows management box when it comes
to enterprise.  Some call it SMS (Systems Management Server) or similar
but you need one to access those GUI consoles.

--Andy