[nycbug-talk] dns slaves serve up empty data

Marco Scoffier marcoscoffier at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 22:15:59 EDT 2009

Hi Bill,

Thanks, for the response.
 I updated the sources about 2 weeks ago.  And just re-updated the bind and
named now as per this page

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/freebsd-patch-upgrade-bind-9x/

Funny thing is that I don't see the "sending notifies"  in the
/var/log/messages that I used to.  Actually my DNS had always been an
OpenBSD box just switched everything to a freshly updated FreeBSD 6.4 a few
weeks ago -- not sure if those notifications show up in messages in OpenBSD
they were in /var/log/daemon

I changed the serial on my zone file hoping that a notification would be
send to the secondaries but this didn't seem to happen.

Marco