[nycbug-talk] [OT] - Subversion Conflicts

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Mon Jun 29 14:46:49 EDT 2009

> 	I don't think there's a way to do this short of setuid  on the
> directory, and the problem there is that new directories won't be created
> setuid regardless of umask (I think).

So it's different than the behavior of setgid?  Because setgid is
recursive.

> 	You could also run svnserve as the www user.

This has nothing to do with the server I don't think.  The server is fine
- it's running as an svn server remotely.  I'm using svnserve, not svn+ssh
or file://, so checking things in works fine.  The permissions error I'm
getting is on the LOCAL checkout.

> 	One last option would be a post-update hook (or whatever SVN calls
> it) that chmods appropriately. This would probably be of the easier and more
> fail-safe solutions.

I thought hooks only do thing on the server?  This problem exists with an
svn checkout, not an svn repository.

Thanks!