[nycbug-talk] sun + ms

Brian Gupta brian.gupta at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 00:33:29 EST 2009

Sun and Microsoft just certified (again I might add) that Windows runs
on Sun's x86 HW. Non event people. Windows is certified to run on
every Tier 1 server vendor's x86 HW. The fact that Sun and Microsoft
have been enemies in the past, I guess creates some sort of reality
distortion.

Remember Microsoft makes money selling Software. (they dont' care
who's) Sun makes money selling HW. (ANd frankly they don't care what
runs on it)

This deal goes back at least two years by the way, they are just
banging the same drums again, to try and build up Sun's HW sales).

Now if Microsoft had announced a Sparc port that would be something.

Cheers,
Brian

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 2:07 PM, Siobhan Lynch <slynch2112 at me.com> wrote:
> On 2/13/09 12:53 PM, George Rosamond wrote:
>> http://www.propelmg.com/suneast/x64/one-web.html
>>
>> This usually means something bad is going to happen soon.

> I have friends within Sun, and I haven;t heard a thing about this - it
> would have been all over the OpenSolaris community by now..
>
> Brian is more connected than I am, you hear anything Brian?
>
> -Trish

- Brian Gupta

New York City user groups calendar:
http://nyc.brandorr.com/