[nycbug-talk] Approach for the NFS cluster

Siobhan Lynch slynch2112 at me.com
Tue May 19 13:03:45 EDT 2009

On 5/19/09 10:54 AM, Aleksandar Kacanski wrote:
> Hi,
> I am interested if anyone implemented NFS in HA configuration and what are folks experiences with different scenarios.
> I am interested in pNFS, but there is DRBD (harbeat) or just plain cluster of nfs servers without sharing metadata.
> My requirement is that I need to make service available and I can't have one point of failure...

Once upon a time I would have suggested something like CODA (which I
implemented in a redundant mission critical file system on FreeBSD like
5 years ago. I'm not  even sure of the status of CODA on FreeBSD 6 and
7, so I couldn't recommend it now.

AFS hasn't worked in a dog's age either, so there is "slim pickin's"
when it comes to tried and true.

If you do use any of those solutions, I would love to hear how they work
out. Especially if you use pNFS, as its been something I've been looking
at for a while to replace our single-point-of-failure NFS here.

-Trish