[nycbug-talk] Trusted HVAC vendors

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Sat May 23 22:52:43 EDT 2009

On Tue, 12 May 2009, Charles Sprickman wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Looking for an HVAC contractor with experience installing air conditioning
> for a small server room.  Anyone here have direct experience with someone
> trustworthy in that space?

Following up to my own post:

We did a 180 on this.  I had a Liebert sales guy come out and give a quote
on their "DataMate" and "MiniMate" systems.  Not too bad, but still out of
our price range when factoring in the install costs.  He turned out to be
a very cool guy though who pointed me to a few companies that sell
used/refurb equipment.  I can't state strongly enough how impressed I was
with Liebert sales.  I was expecting the "f*** off" treatment we get from
Cisco and Juniper, but ended up with very much the opposite.

I'm working with someone here right now:

http://www.criticalpower.com/

And both the Liebert guy and Critical Power recommended BP Air in queens:

http://www.bpair.com/

Minimally-used Liebert stuff is very cheap.  5 Ton MiniMate is under $5K
with a one year warranty.

Thanks,

Charles