[nycbug-talk] Freebsd and openldap 2.4

ML Kirby marylynn at blueskystudios.com
Tue May 26 14:20:34 EDT 2009

Hello all,

Are there folks out there with experience doing sync replication on
openldap 2.4?  I have installed the port and confirmed that the syncprov
option was checked when it was installed.  In version 2.3 and below you
had to put the line

moduleload   syncprov.la

into your slapd.conf.  The official sync replication docs on
openldap.org for 2.4 don't show the need for that module to be loaded,
however there are other docs I've been reading that insist you do have
to include it.  It is not however in the modulepath directory.

Has anyone had experience upgrading to 2.4 and can confirm that you no
longer have to explicitly load that module?  Or is this a possible
broken port?

Thanks in advance,

Mary Lynn

--