[nycbug-talk] MIPS boards

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Thu Nov 5 22:58:55 EST 2009

Mark Saad wrote:
> Last night I was talking to yds and a few others about looking for a x86 board that had the general design of the Soekris
>  boards but with much more cpu and ram. Here is one that I found , I see that  openbsd runs on it. Does anyone have any
> experience with the board or vendor ?
>
> http://liantec.com/news/liantec2007_EMB-5740.htm
>
> http://www.kd85.com/liantec.html

Wow. . .those boards are niiiiice.

AFAIK, first ones I've seen with gigabit NICs.

Not quite sure what this means on the liantec site:

"Flash memory capacity up to 2 GBytes (and beyond)"

I wish vendors would say "Type I, II" etc with CF cards. . that is
something of the standard, AFAIK.

And the video capture modules are very cool, esp with 30 fps.

Me, I've been playing with Alix's for a while from pcengines.ch.  Pascal
even donated one for the con last time.