[nycbug-talk] ChrootDirectory user w/OpenSSH 5.3 on OpenBSD 4.4

Josh Rivel josh at rivels.org
Thu Oct 15 11:22:03 EDT 2009

Hi,

So I'm trying to setup a user on my OpenBSD 4.4 box (OpenSSH 5.3)
using the ChrootDirectory option in sshd_config.  I know that for a
scp/sftp only account it's trivial and you don't need to do anything
other than what's in the manpage for sshd_config.  However, for ssh
access there's more required.  I found quite a few guides on how to do
this with Linux, but I'm wondering if anyone has done it with OpenBSD,
or can provide me with a suggestion on how to give someone a shell
account on my box, but not let them have access to any files outside
of /home/username.  If it were a FreeBSD box or OpenSolaris I could
just setup a jail for them, but it's not.  I came across jailkit -
http://olivier.sessink.nl/jailkit/ - has anyone used that w/OpenBSD?
It looks like it might do what I need it to.

Thanks in advance,
Josh