[nycbug-talk] disk usage trending package

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Tue Aug 10 14:08:16 EDT 2010

On 08/10/10 13:58, Marc Spitzer wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am looking for a simple remote disk trending software package.
> There used to be something called sargent(sp?) that was simple and I
> think did what I want but I have a unique ideas about spelling
> sometimes or the other guy does and it is not showing up in my google
> search.
>
> here is my short list:
> 1: monitor multiple servers, snmp or agent based
> 2: some nice graphs and basic trending
> 3: web reporting and it would be nice if it had some grouping functions.

Are you just monitoring disk info?  And just usage?

Public or private network?

The recent 'ike method' is scripted df and du outputs over pub key auth.

Pipe to rrdtool.

No agent, no installs except pub keys.

If you just need output from the standard Unix tools, that route makes
the most sense IMHO.

Even more simply, there's a disk space script at cyberciti.biz.