[nycbug-talk] spamd and large providers

Edward Capriolo edlinuxguru at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 13:45:27 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 1:21 PM, George Rosamond
<george at ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:
> For spamd users, how are you dealing with the normal delays associated with
> large providers with varying and multiple pools of SMTP servers?
>
> White listing the appropriate networks?
>
> Real hassle with Yahoo, Mac.com, XO. . .

George,

I hope this is relevant. Years back we had clusters of spam scrubbing
servers running declude. We found that the majority of spam was headed
to accounts that did not exist. However we were processing all
messages (wasting CPU) even though these end result was a failed
delivery regardless.

Do you have this type of checking? As in pre-checking if the user
exists before spam filtering.

Regards,
Edward