[nycbug-talk] BSD based web hosting

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Thu Dec 2 17:05:51 EST 2010

Siraaj Khandkar writes:

> Randal Schwartz has reported that he's very happy running FreeBSD VM
> from http://arpnetworks.com/

+1 on arpnetworks. One feature I really that they have, although I have not
used it, is the ability to connect to your machine through VNC so you can
work on the VM as it boots. They also have options to reboot the machine.
They also have bandwith graphs.
arpnetworks I think uses KVM for virtulization.

I also use http://www.bsdvm.com because they offer unlimited bandwith.
I believe bsdvm is VMware based.

Lastly, and the one I have been using the longest, http://hub.org. It is
FreeBSD jails based. This one is a good mix between having full access to
the machine and having most common functionality already built in and
automated.

Arp and bsdvm you get a VM and the rest if totally up to you.