[nycbug-talk] ec2 ami's

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Fri Dec 17 12:31:46 EST 2010

On Dec 17, 2010, at 4:07 AM, Siobhan Lynch wrote:

> I would just love a vanilla - no-nonsense ami - I haven't looked to see if there is one yet- but a pristine install all plus ports minus X11 would be amazing.
>
> Otherwise - if there already is one and you're building the "standard build" post-install type - then "if you build itl
> " (with whatever packages you use normally) "they will come"
>
> Like a FreeBSD Field of Dreams or more apt: Wayne's World :)

Hi Trish - so the default AMI that Colin has provided is a basic 9.0-CURRENT system image (minus ports i'm afraid). but it does work!  I got pulled into something last night, but i was pretty much finished creating an AMI for myself that does have ports and sudo pre-installed already (this would be a starting point for setting up AMI's running other 3rd party apps for testing).  I'll make that public and post it to talk@ later today hopefully.

-pete