[nycbug-talk] A simple end-of-year poll

Isaac Levy ike at blackskyresearch.net
Tue Dec 28 13:40:44 EST 2010

On Dec 28, 2010, at 12:54 PM, George Rosamond wrote:

> We tend to swap stories of providers informally or as tangents on sloppy threads.
>
> So I thought it would be useful to structure it a bit more for the benefit of all.
>
> Feel free to ignore providers irrelevant to your situation.  In cases you do it yourself, you can note that.  Brief comments useful.  Avoid sales pitches, of course.
>
> Please reply inline to keep the thread clean (including Mark S :)
>
> DNS provider (s)

With the respective Registrars, or self-hosted.

> Dynamic DNS provider (for those with non-static IPs at home)
>
> Domain Registrar

Godaddy (meh, but the price is ok and they do V6!)

> EMail provider

http://luxsci.com/
(I'm still sad Bruno and Loftmail is gone)

> WWW provider

Speakeasy (meh)
Tried Clear networks 4g junk this year- 200ms latency to servers in manhattan just won't cut it for me, no matter what their throughput is.

> Shell provider
>
> And happy new year to all.

Indeed!

Rocket-