[nycbug-talk] OT: Puppet Client -> Server Versions

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Fri Feb 19 16:42:39 EST 2010

For what it's worth, I did read a lot before I posted. I read this from
reductionlabs.com, however it doesn't specify is 0.24.x servers are
compatible with 0.25.x clients, only the other way around.

"There are substantial changes in Puppet 0.25.0 and more changes to come
in the future. Most of the changes in 0.25.0 are internal refactoring
rather than behavioural. The 0.25.0 release should be fully backwards
compatible behaviourally with the 0.24.x branch.

This means a 0.25.0 master will be able to manage 0.24.x clients. You will
need, however, to upgrade both your master and your clients to take
advantage of all the new features and the substantial gains in performance
offered by 0.25.0."