[nycbug-talk] beyond monthly meetings

Siobhan Lynch slynch2112 at me.com
Tue Jan 5 00:02:46 EST 2010

George Rosamond wrote:
> Okan Demirmen wrote:
>> are folks interested in nycbug "events" outside of the monthly meetings?
>>
>> how about getting together in the middle of the month, say some day in
>> the 2nd-3rd week of each month; sure, we get to see each other more -
>> that could be positive or negative :)
>>
>> as informal as the monthly meetings are, how about something even less?
>> choose a day/time/place to meet and let the "event" grow organicly from
>> talk@ - hack on something, bring something to hack on, bring stuff
>> others may want to see, touch, feel; have a few drinks...whatever.
>>
>> interest?  other ideas?
>
> I like it.

Sortof like how F(B)UNY used to do our "meetings" - it was more of a
social call than a technical session, worked out well, and its
definitely something missing here. A good balance of both would be
great, if its often enough and on different nights, I might even be able
to get out in between parenting, working, and disability rights activism.

-Trish