[nycbug-talk] Hadoop Meeting

Steven Kreuzer skreuzer at exit2shell.com
Fri Jan 8 09:44:52 EST 2010

If you didn't attend the meeting we had on Hadoop on Wednesday, it was probably a good thing because we wouldn't have been able to fit you in the room.
It was one of the larger meetings we have had, with ~45 people in attendance. Seems there is quite a bit of interest in Hadoop so I figured I would dig through
some of my bookmarks and post links to resources I found useful when researching Hadoop.

Yahoo! is most likely the largest Hadoop shops and the Hadoop team at Yahoo has a really good blog that they update frequently
http://developer.yahoo.net/blogs/hadoop/

The NY Times is another large Hadoop shop and they blog quite a bit about it as well
http://open.blogs.nytimes.com/tag/hadoop/

5 Common Questions About Hadoop
http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2009/05/14/5-common-questions-about-hadoop/

10 MapReduce Tips
http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2009/05/18/10-mapreduce-tips/

Is anyone using, or planning to use Hadoop at work or home? What type of problems are you looking to solve?

--
Steven Kreuzer
http://www.exit2shell.com/~skreuzer