[nycbug-talk] Files/directories by date utility?

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Tue Jul 27 00:08:41 EDT 2010

Sahil Tandon writes:

> Perhaps you could expand on something like the following (very crude,
> currently needs to be run in each directory):
>
>  # ls -ltr | tail -1 | awk '{print $6,$7,$8,$9}'

Thanks for the suggestion.
That approach may be more work because one would need to keep track of the
directory where one runs that.

I think I will get working on this. Find will do the work of traversing so I
will just have to parse the output. Also using find gives a lot of
flexibility with file selection since one can tell find to find only files
older/newer than a certain date.