[nycbug-talk] Parrot Virtual Machine Links

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Mon Jul 26 21:56:55 EDT 2010

On May 10, 2009, at 1:22 AM, Brian Gupta wrote:

> Hey James, Parrot has been in dev for close to ten years. Is there
> light at the end of the tunnel? (It's beginning to be a bit Duke Nuke
> Em Forever).

Last week I was able to give Brian a more up-to-date response.
Speaking at New York Linux Users Group on July 21, I gave a brief
presentation on Rakudo* (pronounced "Rakudo Star"), the first
distribution of Rakudo (Perl 6 on the Parrot virtual machine)
intended for the average user.  ("average" here meaning, early-ish
adopter)  Rakudo* will be released on Thursday of this week.

Links to Rakudo*:  http://rakudo.org/

Link to my talk of last week:  http://thenceforward.net/perl/talks/
rakudostar/index.html

Jim Keenan