[nycbug-talk] a new direction for NYC*BUG

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Tue Mar 23 20:45:26 EDT 2010

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010, Jesse Callaway wrote:

> (top post)
> Wow thanks to admin. The idea of having meetings and project
> incubation tools together is awesome.
>
> I think gitweb fits nicely into the model as a tool. Actually, I'm not
> up on all the names of the various git + web projects out there, but
> one of those git hosting situations...

I don't know if such a thing exists, but for Ike's idea of little scripts
and/or "scriplets", it would be nice to have both a repository and a
forum-like commenting system linked to the code.  That would allow folks
to post small changes/additions for review by the community, or for some
more generic scripts or functions, add some explanation or examples of
usage.  Sadly, none of the (dated) web-accessible code repositories I know
of incorporate such a thing.