[nycbug-talk] Hypothetical: the end of the sysadmin/systems engineer/DBA?

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Sat Mar 27 14:56:24 EDT 2010

I'm still a little confused by all these replies. So all in all, what skills would be best to focus on over the next few years?  I do agree that hardware specific skills will fade unless you're really advanced.

But what about systems engineer type skills?  What if you're good at things like nagios, puppet, ldap, apache, mysql, postfix, etc etc. Will that matter?

Will it come down to just two types of people: developers, and implementation experts?