[nycbug-talk] meeting idea

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Wed Mar 31 12:39:05 EDT 2010

We have the next three or so meetings (pretty much) set right now. . .

But for another "open" type meeting, like the December meeting on "Your
Tips as Presents" (http://www.nycbug.org/index.php?NAV=Home;SUBM=10239),
how about a similar format with a bunch of people illustrating a
port/package that:

* they use

* that is solves a common problem

* that others probably don't know about or aren't using for a particular
problem

I've noticed that after a default install of *any* BSD box, many people
  have a few ports that they always install immediately. . . often
regardless of the role of the box.

No, not perl, sudo (on non-OpenBSD boxes), or some standard shell.

More like xtail, mtr, whatever.

Thoughts on this?