[nycbug-talk] Cacti Alternatives?

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Tue May 18 12:18:44 EDT 2010

> http://docs.cacti.net/plugin:autom8

Took a quick look at this.  It looks great!  Right now, I just have a
script that runs each time a new host is added to LDAP.  Can autom8 be
configured to look at an LDAP directory and create graphs for hosts once
added?  Or is it better to just do that integration on my own?

> Also cacti has some php cli scripts that run from the command line, I
> believe those same scripts will run remotely as well.  If you want a
> sample of some CLI scripting I can provide.

This is what I'm using now.  The script works fine, but I don't have it
looking at LDAP yet.

What did you end up doing for nagios?  I have puppet configuring nagios
right now, but that only seems to work for hosts configured by puppet
(which isn't all of my hosts).

-Matt