[nycbug-talk] openldap vs. 389

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Tue Oct 5 09:57:49 EDT 2010

Hi all,

We are currently evaluating which directory server to use for our authentication implementation, pdns backend, and puppet backend.

We have a proof of concept working with openldap but have recently begun looking into 389.

For those who have worked with these two, which do you find to be better for your needs?  Which has better replication options?  What about community and active development?  Any major features in one that isn't in the other that are important to you?

Thanks,

Matt