[nycbug-talk] DNS naming scheme mind-blocker :)

Alex Pilosov alex at pilosoft.com
Fri Aug 5 19:24:47 EDT 2011

On Fri, 5 Aug 2011, Matt Juszczak wrote:
> But I'm stuck.  Puppet is technically a piece of software, but it only
> powers the server configuration, nothing else (and isn't part of any
> specific app).  Even more so, I setup a puppet pool per data center.
>
> So in that case, would I make an exception and do:
>
> or would I do:
I'm just going to point at two proverbs:

a) do something even if its wrong

b) why should you care what color bikeshed is

In other words, it doesn't seem that either way is significantly better,
so just pick one. Don't spend time analyzing and deciding - and don't ask
or accept advice one way or the other, because its an issue that everyone
will have an opinion on.

-alex