[nycbug-talk] Ping - (earthquake)

Mark Saad mark.saad at ymail.com
Wed Aug 31 13:23:46 EDT 2011

Hey Eveybody
   I am just getting back on line today. I was stuck out in long island for
the past few days.
One strange thing that I lost during the storm was Verizon's LTE Service.
Prior to the storm I could connect to Both the LTE Network and EV-DO Rev Ae
networks via a Verizon MiFi hotspot. After the rain stopped I could only get
on the 1x.RTT networks at 33Kbs .
I would have to guess vzw lost a cell site / pop during the storm .

--
Mark Saad
Mark.saad at longcount.org
On Aug 23, 2011 3:59 PM, steve rieger <riegersteve at gmail.com> wrote:

On 8/23/2011 12:53 PM, Bill Totman wrote:
> The only 'congestion' I experienced was on Broadway after several
> building managers south of Wall St over reacted and evacuated their
> office tenants. -bt
I only evacuate for anything larger than 7.0