[nycbug-talk] Load Balanced jabber server in FreeBSD ports?

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Mon Dec 19 20:27:42 EST 2011

Hi folks,

I have a client who is in need of a jabber server that can handle a lot of
users and scale horizontally. I looked into OpenFire but it looks like
their enterprise version is the only thing that supports clustering.

Can anyone recommend a simple jabber server that supports load balacing
and/or horizontal scaling, perhaps with a shared back end database and
simple load balancer, preferably available in the FreeBSD ports
collection?

Clustering (ie: being fault tolerant) isn't as important as being able to
handle more users than one server can handle.

-Matt