[nycbug-talk] FreeBSD security and errata "P numbers"

Brian Callahan korszca at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 11:36:50 EST 2011

This might not be the most glorified of solutions, but I've always
found the -p numbers as a convenience more than anything else. Though
I don't personally use freebsd-update, I always make sure to write
down by hand the dates and time of updates to my machines and machines
in my care.

Of course, depending on how many servers you need to check on, this
quickly becomes tedious to impossible, but I've always found having a
paper trail of what I did and when to be the best way to check whether
or not my machines are updated.

On another note, have you brought this up with Colin Percival? Maybe
he has a solution.