[nycbug-talk] OT: gettext

Chris Snyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 08:38:23 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Charles Sprickman <spork at bway.net> wrote:

> My idea was to make english.po file and leave the source untouched, but I've
> been told that's the "wrong way" to do this.

It may be the wrong way, but it's the quickest way in'nit?

But yeah, you want the source to be in good shape going forward so
that some other poor hacker doesn't have to do this.

You could write a script (or maybe just use rpl) to do all the .po
replacements for you. Generate a list by diffing the original .po with
the version generated from your revised source files. Now you have a
list of old=>new pairs that you can apply in the other files.