[nycbug-talk] spamd and gmail accounts

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Sun Jul 31 16:20:03 EDT 2011

On Sat, 30 Jul 2011, Peter Wright wrote:

> hey all, finally got my act together and setup openbsd's spamd on my
> personal mail server.  its a low volume box and was wondering if anyone
> else had experience using spamd and getting mail from gmail users.  do
> they have a huge block of IP's doing smtp?  i've started to get some
> test mails in, but i suspect that it will take a while to build a
> whitelist of gmail smtp hosts.

For the life of me I can't find the whitelist site I found last time I
played around with spamd - it was current and you could fetch a ready to
use list via cron.

I did however find this page with a simple script that grabs a bunch of
mxers:

http://aronius.com/openbsd/index.php?id=spamd

It makes some assumptions that may not be that great, but it's something.

Charles