[nycbug-talk] Binary Package Repos Help Needed

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Mon Jun 20 22:54:26 EDT 2011

On 06/20/11 22:24, Jim B. wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can anyone advise me on the best location(s) to mirror
> just the binary package repos for DFly, Free, Net, and Open?
>
> Starting with Free, my rsync keeps crapping out:
> rsync -av ftp.cz.FreeBSD.org::pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages/ \
>    /usr/home/jpb/Downloads/packages-FreeBSD-8.2-release
>
> The Czech mirror is the only one I can find that will let me
> mirror just the package repo, but about 100 or so files into
> the transfer, it craps out.  Might be me, might be them.  I dunno.
> Different every time.  I do have enough disk space./
>
> I also need a good source for the package repos (only!) from
> the other projects.  I'd be fine with weekly updates.
>
> Note- I don't need the ports collection- just binary packages
> or pkgsrc for i386 (32 bit) architecture only.
>

> Any help most appreciated!

Just on the FreeBSD rsync issue, it looks fine when I hit the UK
rsync://rsync.mirrorservice.org/.

But ftp in to check the path. . . my package path and syntax is
different.  I'm using:

rsync -av
rsync://rsync.mirrorservice.org:/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8-stable .

Not sure about why you're getting dropped. . . maybe your ISP thinks
your streaming video :)

ftp13 in the US seems to be topping out at 30 connections.

HTH