[nycbug-talk] OT: what version of RHEL/CentOS are you using in prod?

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Tue Nov 22 18:07:31 EST 2011

I know we all work with FreeBSD on a daily basis but usually have a client or two (or more) using CentOS/Rackspace.

Specifically, I have a client who was using FreeBSD in their current environment but I'm currently migrating their project to Rackspace Cloud.

I was developing the puppet setup on CentOS 5.6 but low and behold, CentOS 6.0 became available today as an available OS.

Looks like 5.x is end of life for updates but will still get maintenance fixes.

If you were starting a new, cloud-based project today, would you use 6?

Matt