[nycbug-talk] ZFS question

Henry M henry95 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 21:52:04 EDT 2011

ZFS isn't that great for performance. For large data-stores, it's great. It
has a lot of good features and adding new harddrives to a zpool is a snap.

I always recommend to setup a hotspare (or 2) with any zpool. I've run into
data errors in the past with zfs, but you can usually fix it with a zpool
scrub if you setup a RAIDZ or mirror. (I recommend running a scrub
occasionally to identify any integrity issues)

Regards,
Henry