[nycbug-talk] Microsoft Hyper-V adds FreeBSD support

Andy Kosela akosela at andykosela.com
Fri Aug 10 12:08:35 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 4:13 PM, John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 8/10/12 7:23 AM, Justin Dearing wrote:
>> http://blogs.technet.com/b/openness/archive/2012/08/09/available-today-freebsd-support-for-windows-server-hyper-v.aspx
>>
>> I'm excited about this because Hyper-V is included in Windows-8 so I'm
>> seriously thinking if doing that instead of VirtualPC on my laptop.
>
> Ah, neat to see that announced.  I've met a few of the folks from
> Microsoft working on this at BSDCan and they are generally nice folks
> and legitimately interested in supporting FreeBSD properly.

Though it's kind of ironic to run FreeBSD (once known to be one of the
most stable operating systems) on Microsoft Windows code (well, we all
know what they are best known for).

I wouldn't deploy it in any serious production environment, but for
purely fun testing purposes on Windows 8 laptops.. why not?

--Andy