[nycbug-talk] Mailing Lists, egg on my face and bikesheds

Isaac (.ike) Levy ike at blackskyresearch.net
Wed Aug 15 09:17:56 EDT 2012

Hi Pete, All,

On Aug 15, 2012, at 12:33 AM, George Rosamond wrote:
> Just like with vendors that collide into our world, it's better to err
> on the side of suspicion.
>
> You've been with NYC*BUG since the very beginnings.  You have the right
> gut instincts.
>
> That's why we're still here.

I couldn't agree with George more here.

Pete: those job posts triggered my mental spam filter too, you're as entitled as anyone to push back on list.

It's totally reasonable to ask people posting jobs to state either which recruiting firm they represent, (if they wish to keep their client to themselves), or the actual company/job- in a professional and clear manner.

On Aug 15, 2012, at 12:30 AM, Pete Wright wrote:
> Along those lines - if anyone is looking
> for work and having a hard go at it in NYC move to California! ;p

Now THAT I take issue with, we already lost you to the west!

Tell your Cali peeps to hit the jobs list, my shop just formally went FreeBSD on Monday! (not kidding, sign-off and support all the way up the chain) ;P

Best,
.ike