[nycbug-talk] FreeBSD & Google Analytics

Glen Barber gjb at FreeBSD.org
Sun Dec 9 23:35:20 EST 2012

On Sun, Dec 09, 2012 at 11:22:41PM -0500, Brett Wynkoop wrote:
> Greeting-
>
> When a web search returns a pointer to the online version of the
> handbook at freebsd.org I will be jumping on one of my own FreeBSD
> boxen and looking at my own copy of the handbook.
>
> While FreeBSD.org at this time has code to honor DNT as George said
> that is the old "just trust me" and we all know that FreeBSD.org can
> not defend your rights if the government comes around demanding
> information.

FUD at it's best.

What web search could you possibly perform that would return
a FreeBSD.org result _and_ be personally incriminating?

I have a suggestion:  Don't do stupid things on the internet.

Glen